Thursday, August 7, 2014

Every Morning

Lord, every morning you hear my voice.  Every morning, I tell you what I need, and I wait for your answer.-----Psalm 5:3


The Psalmist says, EVERY morning you hear my voice.  Does the Lord hear YOUR voice EVERY morning?

I remember when I started having a regular quiet time with the Lord.  I had a problem getting up early enough to have a substantial time with the Lord.  I had the frame of mind that as long as you prayed at ANY time of the day you were doing what you should do.  How very WRONG that frame of mind turned out to be.

You see our Lord DESIRES our TOTAL attention.  Giving Him five minutes of our day, when we can SQUEEZE Him in, is not exactly what He expects from us.  Saying a short, get-me-by prayer is not His desire either.

God desires QUALITY time with each of His children.  Not "if I have time," or "when I have time."
It is His desire to hear our voice EVERY morning!

You might be using the excuse that you don't have time for that.  Well if you worked at getting your priorities in order, with Quiet Time with the Lord being FIRST, you would have a BETTER, MORE ORGANIZED beginning to your day.

Try doing some of the things you do in the morning, the night before.  The BEST thing you can do to have a REGULAR, INTIMATE, QUIET TIME,  with the Lord is to ask Him to help you get STARTED by helping you to WAKE-UP EARLY ENOUGH.  Trust me, I KNOW He will do it.  And SET YOUR ALARM CLOCK!

Your Quiet Time should NOT just be Him listening to you, but BE STILL and WAIT to listen to Him as He speaks to your heart.  He LOVES YOU and DESIRES A CLOSE relationship with YOU!  What a DIFFERENCE it will make in your day.

If you have never given your life to God, you cannot have a CLOSE relationship with Him until you:  CONFESS your sins to Him and ask for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVE in your HEART that Jesus died for YOU and is ALIVE, in HEAVEN making intercession for you before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION!  Do it NOW, while you STILL can!  He's waiting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment