Friday, November 7, 2014

Strength for the Weary

He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless.  Youth may faint and grow weary, and young men, stumble and fall, but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.------Isaiah 40:29-31

Some mornings when I arise to meet a new day, my body tells me that my YOUTHFULNESS has eluded me.  I seem to have pain in EVERY joint of my body.

And my physical strength is really NOTHING to brag about.  But THANK GOD I DON'T have to rely on  my PHYSICAL STRENGTH to get me through ALL the SPIRITUAL facets of this life.  And my friends, this life without the SPIRITUAL FACETS amounts to NO LIFE at all.

Our bodies are composed of BODY, MIND, and SOUL.  The body, no matter how YOUNG you are, after a brisk episode or two of strenuous exercise, gets TIRED and WEARY, and NEEDS proper REST.  Sometimes when we are TAXING our minds with thoughts, ideas and decisions that NEED to be made, we end up with GIANT headaches, and we need to take a break and REST our WEARY minds.

But for those who TRUST in the Lord, He will RENEW our STRENGTH, because we put our FAITH and TRUST in HIM and He IS  our STRENGTH. When our SOUL becomes WEARY,  He gives us SPIRITUAL STRENGTH to SOAR on wings like an eagle, and SPIRITUALLY speaking we will RUN and not grow WEARY, we will WALK and NOT faint.  ALL because we WALK BY FAITH!

If your soul is TIRED and WEARY because you have NEVER put your FAITH and TRUST in God, and you are NOT WALKING by FAITH, you can remedy that by:  CONFESSING your sins to God and asking for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU and is ALIVE, in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION.  Do it NOW, while you STILL can.  He's waiting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment