Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Giving of Thanks

I often think of the heavens your hands have made, and of the moon and stars you put in place .  then I ask, "Why do you care about us humans?  Why are you concerned for us weaklings?"  You made us a little lower than the angels, and you have crowned us with glory and honor.------Psalm 8:3-5

On this Thanksgiving eve, I have come across this passage of Scripture.  And when I read this I reflected back to the many times that I have been outside at night and on a clear night I was in AWE of the beauty of the night sky with the stars scattered across the vast blackness of the evening sky, like tiny diamonds twinkling on a piece of black velvet and the moon setting on it like an iridescent pearl.

It makes me come to the realization of just how MAGNIFICENT our Father God really is and how LOVING, COMPASSIONATE, GRACIOUS, MERCIFUL, and PATIENT  He is with His CROWN of CREATION, MANKIND. So loved He the World that He gave Himself, in the PERSON of Jesus Christ, as a SACRIFICIAL LAMB for ALL of MANKIND.  To take away our sins, as far as the east is from the west and to be remembered NO MORE. To give us the HOPE of HEAVEN, where we will spend ALL of ETERNITY with Him and will bask in His GLORY.

This my dear friends is what I am SO VERY THANKFUL for, to the ONLY ONE worthy of our GIVING of THANKS, and NOT just tomorrow, but throughout ETERNITY.  So as you sit down with ALL of your FAMILY and FRIENDS why not reflect on ALL that He has done or provided for YOU and TRULY offer up PRAISE and the GIVING of THANKS to HIM.

If you have NEVER given your HEART and LIFE to Jesus, then I have one question for you., "to whom do you offer up THANKS?"  If you do not belong to Him, He will not ACCEPT your thanks until you come to Him, by:  CONFESSING your sins to Him, asking for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE, in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION and make this Thanksgiving a VERY memorable THANKSGIVING!  Do it NOW, while you STILL can.  He's waiting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment