Friday, January 23, 2015

My Refuge and Strength


My Refuge and Strength

 

 

But as for me, I will sing about Your power.  Each morning I will sing with joy about Your unfailing love.  For Your have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.  O my Strength, to You I sing praises, for You, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love.--------Psalm 59:16-17

 

Some of the benefits to being a Child of the Living God are the assurances of having a REFUGE and STRENGTH in the times of our distress or indecisiveness, we have a STRONG and MIGHTY REFUGE in which to run to, a place of safety and solitude, a place to go to and find the SWEET RELIEF that our soul has been searching for.  A place where we can be in the presence of ALMIGHTY GOD, and to experience His GRACIOUS and MERCIFUL UNFAILING LOVE as it envelopes us and give us the PEACE that passes ALL understanding.

 

The Psalmist says:  “I will sing about Your power.  Each morning I will sing with JOY about Your UNFAILING LOVE.”  How many of us can TRUTHFULLY say that we have awaken ANY morning with JOY singing about the UNFAILING LOVE of God Almighty?  Now there have been SOME mornings when I wake up with a song in my heart and mind, but I must confess that I don’t do that EACH morning.  BUT we as God’s Children, need to LEARN from the Psalmist, we DO have MUCH to SING with JOY about, EACH morning.  Our SALVATION alone should evoke in us the CONTINUAL ATTITUDE OF PRAISE for the ONE and ONLY ONE who has provided us with an ETERNITY with HIM.  Then there is the fact that we can CONTINUALLY be in HIS presence, because He is our STRENGTH and REFUGE when we are in distress.  And we can awaken EACH morning singing with JOY because of His UNFAILING JOY.

 

If you have NEVER given your HEART and LIFE to Him, then you REALLY don’t have any reason to be able to wake up EACH morning, SINGING with JOY in your HEART.  But you can have that STRENGTH and REFUGE in your times of distress and indecisiveness, by:  CONFESSSING your sins to God and asking Him for His FORGIVENIESS, BELIEVING with ALL your HEART that Jesus died for YOU and is ALIVE, in Heaven, making intercession for you before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION.  Do it NOW, while you STILL can.  He’s waiting!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment