Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Guilt of Sin


The Guilt of Sin

 

 

When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long.  Day and night Your hand of discipline was heavy on me.  My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.  Finally, I confessed all my sins to You and stopped trying to hide my guilt.  I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” and You forgave me !  All my guilt is gone.---------Psalm 32:3-5

 

 

When a person is living a sinful lifestyle and the Spirit of God begins to deal with their heart, bringing conviction upon them, GUILT begins to develop in their heart and they might try to RUN and HIDE from the Spirit of God and deny they are doing ANYTHING wrong.  They try hard to convince themselves and others that they are NOT living in REBELLION against God.

 

After a while they become irritable and edgy.  CONVICTION and GUILT is draining them of their emotional and physical strength.  The Psalmist says, that when he REFUSED to confess his sin, his body ‘wasted away,’ and that he ‘groaned ALL day long.’  He was MISERABLE, ate up with guilt.  He goes on to say that God’s hand was HEAVY on him and his ‘STRENGTH evaporated like water in the summer heat.’  When a person comes under STRONG CONVICTION, and INTENSE GUILT enters the heart, it seems as though they are drowning in their GUILT and the hand of Almighty God seems like a ton of bricks upon them. 

 

When they FINALLY come to Him and confess ALL of their sins and stop trying to hide the guilt that was destroying them inside and out.  Once that confession is made with a contrite heart, God, with open arms says:  “Come to Me, My child, I FORGIVE YOU, I LOVE you with an UNFAILING, EVERLASTING LOVE that will cover a multitude of your sins, with the SHED BLOOD of My Son, Jesus Christ.”  Then you will be set FREE from the MISERY of the GUILT and like the Psalmist, you will be able to say:  “ALL my guilt is gone!”

 

If you are like the person, I was describing, and you are feeling God’s hand heavy on your heart, and GUILT is STRONG upon you, you have the opportunity right NOW to escape that CONVICTION and STRONG GUILT by:  CONFESSING  your sins to God and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and He will set you FREE from the MISERY OF GUILT, and you will be able to say, as the Psalmist said: “ALL my GUILT is GONE!”  Do it NOW, while you STILL can.  He’s waiting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment