Friday, August 12, 2016

"Doing Good---Doing Evil"


“Doing Good----Doing Evil”

 

 

For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.  For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do---this I keep on doing.  Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.   

Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!          Romans 7:15-20, 25

 

We are born with a sinful nature, which produces in each of us the innate, uncanny, desire to do what we DON’T want to do---SIN.  We, who are TRUE BELIEVERS desire to do what is GOOD, but more often than not, we slip, and don’t carry out the good, but do the evil that we wish NOT to do.

 

It seems that when we want to do GOOD, evil is right there with us, and becomes our travelling companion.  There seems to be two entities working within us.  One to make us do what we do NOT want to do and the other that wants us to do, what we WANT to do.  Good versus Evil! 

 

Sometimes you might feel like a prisoner that is trapped in a sinking ship, but take heart, if you are a TRUE BELIEVER that has been to Jesus for a cleansing of your soul, you can be assured that He will be your RESCUER, and save you from the sins that besets you.  And you can say with ASSURANCE: “Thanks be to God, who DELIVERS me through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

 

If you have NOT been to Jesus for the CLEANSING of your soul, then you are a prisoner to your sinful nature and are sinking beneath the load of your sins.  You are in DESPERATE NEED of a SAVIOR, one who can RESCUE you and DELIVER you from your deadly demise---an eternity in Hell.  God is offering you a LIFE-SAVING invitation to come to Him with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, CONFESSING your sins to Him, and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and be SET FREE from your burden of sins.  Do it NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment