Saturday, April 29, 2017

"The Call"


“The Call”

 

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.       Psalm 139:15-16

 

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”      Jeremiah 1:5

 

David was a wise man.  He knew from whence he came and realized that he was God’s creation.  He KNEW that God had a specific PURPOSE and PLAN for his life when he penned this psalm.  David gives us a glimpse of God’s AWESOME POWER and His OMNIPRESENCE.  NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE for God.  Even to the act of conception and the knowledge of ALL mankind.  He KNOWS each of us, from our conception to the end of our physical life.  He KNOWS us personally, and KNOWS the person we will be, the person we are, and the person we have been.  He has ORDAINED ALL our days in His book before any of them came to be.

 

 In Jeremiah 29:11, God says:  “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  God has our whole life planned even before we are formed in our mother’s womb. 

 

“Before I formed you in the womb I KNEW you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” These were the words God spoke to Jeremiah when He called him to be His prophet, His spokesman.  God had a PURPOSE and a PLAN for both David and Jeremiah.  David to be a King, and Jeremiah a Prophet.  God has a PURPOSE and a PLAN for each of us.  Not to be a KING or a PROPHET, but He does KNOW what He wants to do in and through each of us.  He has APPOINTED EACH of us to the position that He wishes for us to have in His service.  ALL our days have been ordained or established for us by the Almighty God for His PURPOSE. 

 

The questions are:  Will we acknowledge His SOVEREIGNTY and WISDOM over us, as David did?”  “Will we SURRENDER to His CALL on our lives as Jeremiah did?”  Or “will we DENY Him and His CALL, and attempt to do our own thing and go our own way?”  “Who has the WISDOM and POWER, the POTTER or the CLAY?”

If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to God, then you are working against His PURPOSE and PLAN for you, and are determining your own destiny, which will be spending an ETERNITY in Hell with NO WAY of ESCAPE from  ETERNAL torment, torture, heartache, pain, agony and despair.  You MUST come to God with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, CONFESSING your sins to Him and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVEING, with ALL your HEART that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and SURRENDER to His CALL.  Do it NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment