Thursday, May 18, 2017

"The Rock"


“The Rock”

 

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.      Psalm 18:2

He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense I shall not be greatly moved.      Psalm 62:6

In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.     Psalm 62:7

 

The Psalmist David, wrote many Psalms, in which he referred to the Lord as his ROCK.  These verses are but a few.  I wanted us to see David’s HEART, a man who was after God’s own HEART.  A man who realized where his STRENGTH came from, and that the Lord was his FORTRESS and DELIVERER, SHIELD and the HORN of his SALVATION, and his STRONGHOLD.

 

Jesus Christ, the Rock, the HORN of OUR SALVATION.  Without Jesus, there would be no SALVATION.  It is ONLY by the SHEDDING of His PRECIOUS blood that we have the SALVATION of our souls.  He is the ROCK!

 

He is our DELIVERER, it was by God’s own plan that the Lord Jesus Christ come to this earth, live a short life, and suffer and die, in order to REDEEM mankind from their sins.  He is our DELIVERER.  He is the ROCK!

 

He is WORTHY of our TRUST, because in Him is our STRENGTH and our STRONGHOLD.  When we are WEAK, He is STRONG, therefore, we can CONFIDENTLY put our TRUST in Him, because He is the ROCK!

 

He is our DEFENSE, defending our position in Him, the JUSTIFICATION of our right standing with God, and therefore we shall not be GREATLY moved.   Our right standing with God will not be removed, because it is ETERNAL. 

 

We can be assured of the HOPE of our SALVATION, because He is the ROCK of our STRENGTH, and our REFUGE is in Christ and Christ ALONE.  He ONLY is our ROCK.

Is He YOUR ROCK, FORTRESS, DELIVERER, SHIELD, the HORN of your SALVATION, STRENGTH, STRONGHOLD, and your DEFENSE?  He is NOT if you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to God, but He can be ALL of this and SO much MORE, if you will come to God with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, CONFESSING your sins to Him and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART that Jesus died for YOU and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and let Him be your ROCK, FORTRESS, DELIVERER, SHIELD, HORN of your SALVATION, STRENGTH, STRONGHOLD, and your DEFENSE.  Do it NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment