Thursday, June 15, 2017

"God's Sufficient Grace"


“God’s Sufficient Grace”

 

…Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself.  Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me.  But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”  Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses so that Christ’s power may reside in me.  So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.            2 Corinthians 12:7-10

 

The Apostle Paul, in this part of his second letter to the Corinthian believers, was cautioning them on BOASTING about themselves and their own accomplishments.  He made the statement that in order for him to NOT exalt himself, he was given a thorn in his flesh.  He called it a “messenger of Satan,” that would bring torment to him in order that he would NOT EXALT himself.  Some think that this “thorn in the flesh” was his eyesight, and some believe that Paul had back problems, nevertheless, whatever it was, it kept the Apostle from BOASTING about himself.

 

When Paul pleaded with God to take this “messenger of Satan” from him.  God gave Paul this answer, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”  God’s AMAZING GRACE is SUFFICIENT to supply ALL our needs, even a thorn in the flesh.  When we submit ourselves to God, we become weak and His power is able to work in us, therefore, providing the STRENGTH and POWER of the LIVING GOD, which is used by His Spirit, who indwells us. 

 

Instead of Paul BOASTING about his STRENGTHS, he says he will BOAST about his WEAKNESSES, so that the POWER of Jesus Christ may reside in him.  He says that he takes PLEASURE in his weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions and in pressures, because of Christ.  For when he is WEAK then he is STRONG. This STRENGTH and POWER comes from his submission to God’s SUFFICIENT GRACE. 

 

What do you BOAST about?  Is it about God’s SUFFICIENT GRACE and POWER that sustains you through ANY and ALL situations that you might encounter, and that becomes a “thorn in your flesh?”  Or are you so vain that you BOAST on your OWN abilities? 

 

If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to God, then you CANNOT BOAST about His SUFFICIENT GRACE and POWER, because you do NOT POSSESS it.  And you will STRUGGLE through ALL the torments of this earthly life, alone, without His SUFFICIENT GRACE and POWER.  Your ETERNITY will be spent in Hell, the place of UNENDING torment, torture, heartache, pain, agony and despair, unless you TURN AWAY from your sinful lifestyle, and TURN TO God with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, CONFESSING your sins to Him, and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT his gift of SALVATION, and experience His SUFFICIENT GRACE and POWER in your life.  Do it NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment