Friday, May 13, 2016

"Who is God?"


“Who Is God?”

 

 

“I am the Lord; that is my name!  I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.      Isaiah 42:8

 

 Who is God?  He is the CREATOR of the heavens, who stretches them out, who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, who gives breath to its people, and Life to those who walk on it. (v5). 

 

He is the RIGHTEOUS JUDGE of Justice, He judges the people of the earth with WISDOM and JUSTICE.   (Ps. 50:6)

 

He is my STRENGTH and my DEFENSE; He has become my SALVATION.  (Ex. 15:2)  When I am weak He is STRONG.  When I am facing danger He is my DEFENSE.  He SAVES me from ALL my transgressions and makes a way when there seems to be NO way.

 

He is our PROVIDER:  “You PROVIDED bread from heaven for their hunger; you brought them WATER from the rock for their thirst.  You told them to go in and possess the land You had sworn to give them.” (Neh. 9:15)  He PROVIDES Spiritual bread for our Spiritual hunger and He is our LIVING WATER.  He gives us the land in which we live, and it is up to us to take care of it, and govern it properly and RIGHTEOUSLY. 

 

He is our HEALER:  “Heal me, Lord, and I will be HEALED; save me, and I will be saved, for You are my praise.  (Jer. 17:14)  Not only does God HEAL our physical body, but He brings HEALING to our SPIRITUAL body, especially when we are sin-sick, He will bring a HEALING TOUCH to our poor, old, wretched, sin-sick body that will provide SALVATION for our soul, and a NEWNESS of LIFE.

 

He is our SALVATION:  “The Lord is my LIGHT and my SALVATION---whom should I fear?”  (Psalm 27:1)  NOT ONLY is He our SALVATION, giving us a release from our sins, but He is our LIGHT in a very, dark and foreboding world.  He LIGHTS our way to the HOPE of our SALVATION----HEAVEN.

 

He has a multitude of names, but you can call Him “LORD!” If you come to Him with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, CONFESSING your sins to Him and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and be able to call Him, “LORD!” Because He will become the LORD of your LIFE.  Do it NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment