Friday, July 27, 2018

"Troubled By My Sin"


“Troubled By My Sin”

 

Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; there is no soundness in my bones because of my sin.  My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.  I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart.

I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.   Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God.

Psalm 38:3, 4, 8, 18, 15

 

God’s hand was heavy on King David, who was suffering, both physically and spiritually.  God’s anger was against David because of PERSONAL SIN, which brought about his SUFFERING.  Because of this sin David had lost his health and his physical strength and abilities.   He KNEW what the problem was, and the GUILT of his transgression was taking its toll on him.  It only added to his PHYSICAL problems, now his GUILT was becoming a burden too heavy for him to bear.   He was CRUSHED in body and spirit.  And SUFFERED from ANGUISH of the HEART.  This is what SIN does.  It takes its toll on a person and RAVAGES both BODY and SPIRIT.  There is no RELIEF until CONFESSION is made.  And then the person STILL MUST SUFFER the consequences of their sins.

 

David KNEW that he MUST CONFESS his sin.  It TROUBLED his HEART and WEAKENED his spirit.  Have you ever had anything TROUBLE your HEART?  Maybe your HEART is TROUBLED by your sin, just like David.  David had CONFIDENCE in the LORD.  He KNEW that when he CONFESSED his sin to God, He would HEAR DAVID and David had the ASSURANCE that God would ANSWER and DELIVER him from his plight.  This doesn’t mean that David did not SUFFER because of his sin, but the ANGUISH of his TROUBLED HEART was replaced with God’s PEACE.  

 

If you are a TRUE BELIEVER, who is SUFFERING from a personal sin.  And your TROUBLED in your HEART.  You, like David, need to CONFESS, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, that sin.  Then WAIT on the LORD to RESTORE your FELLOWSHIP with Him, and He will bring PEACE to your TROUBLED HEART.  

 

If you have never given your HEART and LIFE to God, then you are living a dangerous lifestyle, one that will bring you HEARTACHE, AGONY and DESPAIR, at some time or another, you will SUFFER from the effects of your sinful lifestyle.  You are also headed for an ETERNITY in HELL, with ALL of its HORRORS, and NO WAY of ESCAPE.  In order for you to ESCAPE HELL, you MUST TURN AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle and TURN TO God, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, asking God for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.   Then you MUST ACCEPT God’s gift of SALVATION, and ESCAPE Hell and GAIN Heaven, and let God bring PEACE to your TROUBLED HEART.  Do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment