Wednesday, May 27, 2020

"Who is My Strength?"


“Who is My Strength?”



The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.  Therefore, my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song. The Lord is the strength of His people; He is a stronghold of salvation for His anointed.     Psalm 28:7,8



To me, these two verses of Scripture, are some of the most beautiful verses that King David ever penned.  When I am WEAK in, not only, my body, but especially my spirit, and I think of where I can receive some STRENGTH to carry on, I, like King David, go to the ROCK of my SALVATION.  Because, the LORD is my STRENGTH, and in Him, I can and will receive the STRENGTH I NEED.



And because He is my STRENGTH and my SHIELD, my HEART can and will TRUST in Him.  He lifts my feet out of the miry clay and sets them on the SOLID ROCK, which is the LORD JESUS CHRIST, and He is the SOURCE of my SALVATION.  And because I KNOW God’s UNFAILING LOVE is the FOUNDATION of my STRENGTH, my HEART REJOICES and yes, even though I cannot sing, I can make a JOYFUL NOISE to the LORD with my songs of PRAISE, which brings my HEART BURSTING with LOVE and ADORATION for MY STRENGTH and MY SHIELD is the LORD GOD, ALMIGHTY. 



Verse eight, says that the LORD is the STRENGTH of His people; He is the STRONGHOLD of SALVATION for His anointed, those who are CALLED to be His Children, those who have given their HEARTS and LIVES to Him, and have TRUSTED in His SALVATION, and His UNFAILING LOVE.  Therefore, they can REST ASSURED, that He IS their STRENGTH and the STRONGHOLD of their SALVATION.  If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to God, then you do NOT possess this inner STRENGTH, which, is the LORD GOD.  And you are destined to spend your ETERNITY in HELL, with ALL its HORRORS, and NO WAY to ESCAPE, after you’re there. 



But you can change that DESTINY, by TURNING AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle, and TURNING to GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  CONFESSING your sins to Him, and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS.  And BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that JESUS died for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  Then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and let Him be your STRENGTH, SHIELD, and STRONGHOLD, and receive HEAVEN, with ALL its BLESSINGS, as your ETERNAL HOME.   Do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment