Wednesday, April 20, 2022

“God, the Rock”

 “God, the Rock”


As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the LORD is flawless.  He is a Shield for all who take refuge in Him.  For who is God besides the LORD?  And who is the Rock except our God?    Psalm 18:30-31


If you read this Psalm from the beginning you will see that it is King David, boasting on GOD.  I LOVE the beginning of this Psalm, David says:  “I love You, O LORD, my STRENGTH.  The LORD is my ROCK, my FORTRESS and my DELIVERER; my God is my ROCK, in whom I take REFUGE.  He is my SHIELD and the HORN of my SALVATION, my STRONGHOLD.  I call to the LORD who is WORTHY of PRAISE, and I am SAVED from my enemies.  (Vv.1-3)  This is a Psalm of GRATITUDE for David’s VICTORY, through the DEVINE INTERVENTION of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, who had DELIVERED him from ALL his enemies to include SAUL.  


David expressed his LOVE for God, and His BLESSINGS of DELIVERANCE.  In verses thirty through thirty one, we see the reasons that David placed his FAITH and TRUST in God.  He tells us that GOD’S WAY is PERFECT; we can TRUST, as David did, because of that ASSURANCE that God’s Way is PERFECT.  And that His WORD is FLAWLESS.  These statements gives us a picture of God’s Character. He is PERFECT in ALL His WAYS.  And we can TRUST His WAYS and His WORD!!  


God is a SHIELD for ALL who will take REFUGE in Him.  His PROTECTIVE HAND is on His Children, and they can take COMFORT in KNOWING that HE will PROTECT them from their ENEMY, which is Satan.  The Devil can bring persecution on God’s Children, but he CANNOT have their SOUL.  Because GOD is their SHIELD and REFUGE.  And WHO is STRONGER than the ALMIGHTY GOD?  He is the ROCK and STRONGHOLD for His Children.   Can you proclaim that the LORD GOD is YOUR ROCK?  You cannot do it, if you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to Him, through His ONLY SON, the LORD JESUS CHRIST, who SUFFERED and DIED for YOUR sins, and brought you His RIGHTEOUSNESS and a RELATIONSHIP with our Heavenly Father, God, the ROCK of our SALVATION.  


In order for you to have a RELATIONSHIP with the LORD GOD, you MUST ADMIT that you are a SINNER in NEED of the SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST. You MUST BELIEVE that JESUS died for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  You MUST CONFESS your SINS to Him, and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS. You MUST be WILLING to TURN AWAY FROM your SINFUL life-style, and TURN TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  You MUST ACCEPT God’s Gift of SALVATION and be ASSURED that He is your ROCK and REFUGE, and TRUST in His PERFECT WAY and His FLAWLESS WORD.  Do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s WAITING and COMING SOON!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment