Wednesday, September 27, 2023

“The Rock That Is Higher Than I”

“The Rock That Is Higher Than I”

 

Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer.  From the end of the earth, I call to You when my heart is faint; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.  For You have been a Refuge for me, a Tower of Strength against the enemy.  Let me dwell in Your Tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of Your Wings.   Psalm 61:1–4

 

 

King David was OVERWHELMED, and somewhat FAINT of HEART, because of the threat of his enemies.  So, he did what he KNEW was the BEST thing that he COULD do, and that was to PRAY for DIVINE SECURITY.  Although he was WEAKENED in his spirit, and FAINT of HEART, his GOD is his ROCK.  And David realized his LIMITATIONS and God’s UNCONQUERABLE MIGHT.  This is SOMETHING WE ALL NEED to RECOGNIZE in OUR OWN lives.  

 

So, we have seen God as a ROCK, now, let us look at Him as our REFUGE; He ALONE is our TOWER of STRENGTH against our ENEMY.  The King wanted to REMAIN in the presence of the ALMIGHTY GOD, which is the BEST PLACE he could be.  David, KNEW that the BEST place to be was UNDER the COVERING of GOD.  And he petitioned God to let him DWELL in His Tent FOREVER.  That was an INFALLIBLE PLACE of SAFETY from his ENEMIES, and it was/is a WISE place to be able to carry on with his life and to SERVE THE ALMIGHTY GOD.

 

Is God YOUR ROCK, REFUGE, YOUR TOWER of STRENGTH?  He CAN and WILL BE, if YOU will ADMIT that YOU are a SINNER in NEED of the SAVIOR, the LORD JESUS CHRIST, God’s Only Son, who SACRIFICED His OWN LIFE to SAVE your SINFUL SOUL.  You MUST BELIEVE with ALL your HEART, that JESUS DIED for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  You MUST CONFESS your SINS to Him and ASK Him for His FORGIVENESS.  You MUST BE WILLING to TURN AWAY FROM your SINFUL LIFESTYLE, and TURN TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  And you MUST ACCEPT God’s Gift of SALVATION and ALLOW Him to be YOUR ROCK that is HIGHER than YOU, YOUR REFUGE, and YOUR TOWER of STRENGTH.  Do this NOW, while you STILL can.  He’s WAITING and COMING SOON!!!  Don’t Be LEFT BEHIND!!!

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment