Thursday, December 28, 2023

“Guilty or Innocent?”

 “Guilty or Innocent?”

 

For this world is not our permanent home, we are looking forward to a home yet to come.  Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to His Name.  Hebrews 13:14-15

 

A while back, there was a popular question that was posed to a lot of people and that question was: “If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you, or would you be INNOCENT of ALL charges?”  The author of the Book of Hebrews, whom I believe to be the Apostle Paul, tells us that this CORRUPT, SINFUL, FALLEN WORLD, is NOT our PERMANENT HOME.  For we are LOOKING FORWARD to an ETERNAL HOME, not made with human hands, and it is yet to come.

 

So, we are “sojourners” on our way to a NEW HOME that will be FREE of SIN, CORRUPTNESS, HATRED, PAIN, HEARTACHE, DESPAIR and ALL UNGODLY ACTS.  Yes, we can TRULY SAY; “This WORLD is NOT my HOME, I’m just PASSING THROUGH.  And I BELIEVE, with ALL my Heart, that we, those who have given their HEART and LIFE to JESUS, will be making that transition SOON, maybe SOONER than we think.   

 

In the meantime, there are some things we NEED to be doing. Paul tells us that we should OFFER a CONTINUAL SACRIFICE of PRAISE to our HEAVENLY FATHER, PROCLAIMING our ALLEGIANCE to His NAME.  Let ALL the PEOPLE, you come in contact with KNOW without a DOUBT that you BELONG to the LORD JESUS CHRIST.  So, get your PRAISE ON and CONFESS the NAME of the LORD.   The Word of God says: “OFFER a CONTINUAL SACRIFICE of PRAISE.” Are you GUILTY of that or INNOCENT?  This is one thing that God wants us to be GUILTY of.  I think we should PROCLAIM what King David said: “Let ALL that I am PRAISE the LORD, with my WHOLE HEART, I will PRAISE His Holy NAME.” “Let ALL that I am PRAISE the LORD; may I NEVER FORGET the good things He does for me.  He FORGIVES ALL my SINS and HEALS ALL my diseases. He REDEEMS me from DEATH and CROWNS me with LOVE and TENDER MERCIES.”                Psalm 103:1-4

 

If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to God, through His Son, JESUS CHRIST, who DIED for the SALVATION of your sinful soul, you do not have a NEW HOME to look forward to.  However, you can have that NEW HOME if you will ADMIT that YOU are a SINNER in NEED of the SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST.  You MUST BELIEVE, with ALL your HEART, that JESUS died for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for You, before God.  And you MUST CONFESS your SINS to Him and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  You MUST BE WILLING to TURN AWAY FROM your SINFUL LIFESTYLE and TURN TO GOD with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  You MUST ACCEPT God’s Gift of SALVATION and be GUILTY of CONTINUAL SACRIFICIAL PRAISE to the ALMIGHTY GOD.  Do this NOW, while you STILL can.  He’s WAITING and COMING SOON!!!  Don’t Be LEFT BEHIND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment