“Calling God’s Hand”
They tested God again and again and provoked the Holy One of Israel. Psalm 78:41
It is a DANGEROUS thing to put God to the test or to CALL HIS HAND. Here are examples of people who tried and the results of their “Calling God’s Hand”
1. Adam and Eve: When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Gen. 3:6. So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden. He CURSED the ground that Adam would painfully toil with to grow food to eat. Eve would suffer intense pain during childbirth and her husband would rule over them. A sinful nature entered the soul of mankind.
2. People of Noah’s Day: The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created. “ For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth. EVERY living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals were wiped from the earth.
3. Pharaoh: When the King of Egypt was told that the Israelites had fled, Pharaoh and his officials changed their minds about them. The Egyptians ----all Pharaoh’s horses and chariots and horsemen pursued the Israelites, and followed them into the Red Sea. When the Israelites got safely across on dry land. God brought the water of the Red Sea down on top of Pharaoh and his army. Not a one of them survived.
4. Herod: An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, take the Child, Jesus and His mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the Child to kill Him.” So Joseph took the child and His mother during the night and left for Egypt. Where he stayed until the DEATH of Herod.
5. Judas: One of the twelve disciples agrees to BETRAY Jesus and sells Him for thirty pieces of silver. And hands Him over to the chief priests in the Garden of Gethsemane. Judas was seized with remorse and returned the money to the chief priests. Then he went and HANGED himself.
6. The Unbeliever: As it was in the day of Noah, so it is TODAY, many have become EXTREMELY WICKED to the point that GREAT wickedness has entered the hearts of mankind and EVERY EVIL inclination of the thoughts of the human heart is EVIL ALL the time. And ALL the ways of wickedness that deceives those who are living in SIN, will lead them to CONDEMNATION and an ETERNITY in HELL.
So are you guilty of CALLING GOD’S HAND? Are you flirting with DANGEROUS SITUATIONS? You are if you have NEVER given your HEART and LIFE to God. You will face the Judgment Seat for the sentencing of your sins, which will bring you an ETERNITY of TORMENT, TORTURE, PAIN, AGONY, HEARTACHE, AND DESPAIR, in Hell. You have been given the opportunity to ESCAPE that scenario, if you will come to God with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, CONFESSING, your sins to Him, asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and DON’T CALL GOD’S HAND, but CALL on Him in prayer, DAILY. Do it NOW, while you still can. He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!