Saturday, April 25, 2020

"Refuge and Fortress"


“Refuge and Fortress”



Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my Rock of Refuge, a strong Fortress to save me.  Since you are my Rock and my Fortress, for the sake of Your Name lead and guide me.   Psalm 31:2-3



This Psalm was penned by David, and we see his desperate plea to the ALMIGHTY God, for God to HEAR him, when he said: “Turn Your Ear to me, come QUICKLY to my RESCUE.”  Then David implores God to be his ROCK of REFUGE, a STRONG FORTRESS to SAVE him, in his time of distress and peril. 



Even though, David was a mighty warrior, and king, he realized that his situation warranted God’s DIVINE INTERVENTION, so he CRIES out to the ONLY ONE who can SAVE him from his desperate situation.   So, with this knowledge, he CRIES out to God to be his ROCK of REFUGE, and a STRONG FORTRESS, in order to SAVE him.  When mankind comes to that SAME knowledge, that they are in DESPERATE NEED of a SAVIOR, One who can SAVE them from their SINFUL LIFESTYLE, and from an ETERNITY in HELL, with ALL of its HORRORS, and NO WAY to ESCAPE it, after they get there, they too, like David MUST CRY out to the ONLY ONE who can give them SALVATION, and be their ROCK of REFUGE and a STRONG FORTRESS, in their times of distress and peril. 



In Psalm 71:3, again, the Psalmist implores God to be their ROCK of REFUGE, to which they ALWAYS have access to.  They ask Him to give the COMMAND to SAVE them, because He is their ROCK and their FORTRESS.  Is He your ROCK and FORTRESS?



Psalm 91:2, says: “I will say of the LORD, He is my REFUGE and my FORTRESS, my God, in whom I trust.”  Can you proclaim that the Lord God is your REFUGE and FORTRESS?  Have you given your HEART and LIFE to Him?  If NOT then you are in DESPERATE NEED of crying out to Him for the SALVATION of your soul.  He wants to be your ROCK of REFUGE and your STRONG FORTRESS.   You can have the ASSURANCE of an ETERNITY in HEAVEN, and to ESCAPE HELL, by: TURNING AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle and TURNING TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  CONFESSING your sins to Him, and asking Him for His FORGIVENESS.  BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART that JESUS CHRIST died for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  Then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and let Him be your REFUGE and your FORTRESS. Do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment