Tuesday, October 13, 2020

"A Broken Connection"

 

“A Broken Connection”

 

“If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.”    Psalm 66:18

 

What, exactly does the Psalmist mean, when he says: “If I REGARD iniquity in my heart?”  He means: “If I EMBRACE iniquity in my heart,” or “If I TREASURE iniquity in my heart,” or even, “If I CLING to the iniquity in my heart” then the Lord will not hear me.”  And remember that INIQUITY is SIN, EVILDOING, or WICKEDNESS.  So, what the Psalmist is saying is, “if I REGARD, EMBRACE, TREASURE, or CLING TO iniquity, which I have hidden, in my HEART, God will NOT hear me when I pray.  We MUST CONFESS ALL our sins to Him, before we ATTEMPT to have a conversation with Him.

 

He is HOLY and RIGHTEOUS, and we are NOT, He is TOTALLY WITHOUT A SINFUL NATURE, and we are NOT.  The Prophet Isaiah tells us how an UNCLEAN person is in the sight of the HOLY and RIGHTEOUS GOD: “All of us have become like one who is UNCLEAN, and ALL our RIGHTEOUS ACTS are like FILTHY RAGS; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins SWEEP us AWAY.” (Isa. 64:6) When this is the case, our CONNECTION with God is BROKEN, until we CONFESS our INIQUITIES, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART. 

 

If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to God, then you have a BROKEN CONNECTION with God, and will, until you come to Him and CONFESS your INIQUITIES to Him.  He will NOT LISTEN to you, until YOU PRAY for His FORGIVENESS, and become His TRUE CHILD.  You do that by: WILLINGLY TURNING AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle, and TURNING TO GOD with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  Then CONFESS your sins to Him, and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that JESUS CHRIST, God’s ONLY SON, died for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  You MUST ACCEPT His Gift of SALVATION, and to be able to ESCAPE an ETERNITY in HELL, with ALL its HORRORS.  And to RECEIVE an ETERNITY in HEAVEN, with ALL its BLESSINGS.  And to NO LONGER have a BROKEN CONNECTION with the ALMIGHTY GOD.  Do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and COMING SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment