Wednesday, October 14, 2020

"The Intimate Knowledge of the Omnipresent God"

 

“The Intimate Knowledge of the Omnipresent God”

 

“O LORD, You have searched me and known me.  You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar.  You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways.  Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it all.”    Psalm 139:1-4

“Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence?  If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold You are there.”     Psalm 139:7-8

 

This Psalm is probably one of the MOST beautiful Psalms that David ever penned.  It reveals to us the MEDITATIONS of David’s HEART, concerning the three major attributes of the Almighty God, which are His OMNISCIENCE, OMNIPRESENCE, and His OMNIPOTENCE.  His OMNISCIENCE is His KNOWLEDGE, but it’s NOT just His KNOWLEDGE, but His INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE of the Crown of His CREATION, MANKIND.  We see this KNOWLEDGE throughout this Psalm.  God had a PRECISE KNOWLEDGE of David, He SEARCHED or INVESTIGATED David’s heart, and KNEW Him, to the point that God KNEW, when DAVID SAT down and when he would RISE UP.  He KNEW what DAVID was THINKING even before he THOUGHT it.  He investigated David’s path, and KNEW whenever David was lying down.  God even KNEW what David would say before he said it. The POINT is GOD KNEW David INTIMATELY!  He KNEW EVERYTHING that was to be KNOWN about him.  And He KNOWS EVERYTHING there is to KNOW about YOU.  EVEN to the very HAIRS on your HEAD, God know it ALL!!

 

God is NOT ONLY ALL KNOWING; He is EVERYWHERE at the SAME TIME.  David said:  “Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence?  If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, (the abode of the dead) You are there.”  David was indicating that WHEREVER he went GOD was THERE.  He could NOT HIDE from Him, because He was ALWAYS with David.  NO MATTER where David went, whether the HIGHEST HEAVEN, or the LOWEST PART of the EARTH, God was THERE.  YOU CANNOT HIDE or ESCAPE the PRESENCE of the ALMIGHTY GOD, because He is EVERYWHERE!  He is OMNIPRESENT!

 

God is OMNIPOTENT, He has the POWER to CREATE out of NOTHING, SOMETHING.  The CREATION itself is EVIDENCE of GOD’S AMAZING POWER.  He not ONLY gives us PHYSICAL LIFE, but SPIRITUAL LIFE also. He is the ONLY ONE who CAN KEEP MANKIND out of an ETERNITY in HELL, through the SACRIFICAL BLOOD of His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.  He has the POWER to give LIFE and to take it AWAY.  He is the RIGHTEOUS JUDGE, and one day, He will JUDGE the WORLD of its WICKEDNESS. 

 

David ends this Psalm saying: “Search me, O God, and KNOW my HEART; TRY me and KNOW my HEART; Try me and KNOW my anxious thoughts; and see if there be ANY HURTFUL way in me, and LEAD me in the EVERLASTING WAY.  Can you pray this PRAYER with the ASSURANCE of an ETERNITY in HEAVEN, with ALL its BLESSINGS?  If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to GOD, you don’t have that ASSURANCE.  You MUST BE WILLING to TURN AWAY FROM your sinful life, and to TURN TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  And CONFESS your sins to HIM and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  And BELIEVE, with ALL your HEART that JESUS died for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  Then you MUST ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and come to the realization, that GOD KNOWS ALL ABOUT YOU!!  You can’t RUN or HIDE from Him, He’s EVERYWHERE and He’s your ONLY HOPE for HEAVEN.  So, do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and COMING SOON!!! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment