Monday, December 5, 2016

"To Be or Not To Be!"


“To Be or Not To Be!”

 

 

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching.  My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.  Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching.  These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.                              John 14:23-24

 

Many people claim to be “Christian,” if you ask them they will tell you they are a “Christian.”  This can be TRUE or it may NOT be TRUE.  The opposite of a Christian is a HEATHEN, no one really wants to claim to be a HEATHEN, and so they will claim to be a Christian. 

 

In these verses of Scripture, Jesus is telling us what a TRUE CHRISTIAN is.  He says:  “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching.”  Who then loves Jesus, in verse 21, Jesus says:  “WHOEVER has my commands and keeps them is the ONE who loves me.”  One of His commands was that in order for a person to become a “Christian,” they MUST come through Him. He said:  “I am the way and the truth and the life.  NO ONE comes to the Father except through me.” (vs. 6)   You MUST come by way of the Cross. 

 

When you obey this teaching then you exemplify your love for Jesus and are TRULY and OFFICIALLY a “CHRISTIAN.”  NOT just by title only, but by being adopted into God’s Family. 

 

The one who comes to Father God, by way of the Cross of Jesus Christ, is the one God loves, and He and Jesus will make their home with them by way of the Holy Spirit, who indwells every TRUE CHRISTIAN. 

 

But the one who does NOT love Jesus and obeys His teaching, and does not come to Him by way of the Cross of Christ, is NOT a “TRUE CHRISTIAN” and will not be a part of God’s Family.  Instead they are really ENEMIES of God, and will face the Judgment Seat of the ETERNAL JUDGE of ALL the earth, and will be condemned to an eternity in Hell, the place of eternal heartache, torment, torture, pain, agony, and despair. 

 

Don’t depend on a title to get you into Heaven.  You MUST come by the way of the Cross, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, CONFESSING your sins to God, asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you before God, then ACCEPT His gift of Salvation, and BE a TRUE CHRISTIAN, one who TRULY LOVES Jesus and keeps His teaching.  Do it NOW while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment