Saturday, July 27, 2019

"Confession Brings Mercy"


“Confession Brings Mercy”

 

Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.”  And You forgave the guilt of my sin.    Psalm 32:5

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love; according to Your great compassion blot out my transgressions.      Psalm 51:1

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.        1 John 1:9

 

MERCY is NOT receiving what we deserve, which is spending an ETERNITY in Hell, because mankind is WICKED and SINFUL by nature. And cannot SAVE themselves, by WORKING, PAYING or CONNIVING their way into Heaven.  So they are at the MERCY of a RIGHTEOUS, HOLY GOD, who is waiting for them to COME to Him with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART. 

 

The very first step is to ACKNOWLEDGE our SINS, just as the Psalmist David says:  “Then I ACKNOWLEDGED my sin to You, and did NOT cover up my iniquity.”  He goes on to say:  “I will CONFESS my transgressions to the Lord.”   He was more than willing to CONFESS or tell God of ALL his transgressions.  And because of the CONFESSION, David received FORGIVENESS, and MERCY for his sins.

 

We, who are TRUE BELIEVERS, MUST KNOW that we too, SHOULD CONFESS our SINS to GOD and to THANK HIM for His MERCY.  In Psalm 51:1&2, David again cries out to God; “Have MERCY on me, O God, according to your UNFAILING LOVE; according to your GREAT COMPASSION blot out my transgressions.   Wash away ALL of my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.”   God’s MERCY is prompted by His UNFAILING LOVE for ALL mankind.  It is His desire that NONE should PERISH, but ALL would come to REPENTANCE.  That is MERCY.

 

1 John 1:9, is a PROMISE, which exemplifies that CONFESSION BRINGS MERCY.  It says: “IF we CONFESS our sins, He is FAITHFUL and JUST and WILL FORGIVE us our sins and PURIFY us from ALL unrighteousness.  This was carried out through the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE of GOD’S ONLY SON, the LORD JESUS CHRIST, who died on an old, rugged cross, but He didn’t stay dead or in the grave. He was RISEN from the DEAD and the GRAVE, and is ALIVE TODAY, in HEAVEN, awaiting God’s nod that it is TIME to go get His Children, the REDEEMED, who, because of their CONFESSION and GOD’S MERCY, will receive an ETERNITY in HEAVEN, with ALL its BLESSINGS.  Is this your DESTINY?  Have you CONFESSED your sins and received His MERCY?  You can if you will, TURN AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle, and TURN TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  You MUST BELIEVE, with ALL your HEART, that JESUS died for YOU, and is ALIVE in HEAVEN, making intercession for you, before God.  You MUST CONFESS your sins to Him and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  Then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and receive His MERCY, by CONFESSING your sins, and ESCAPING an ETERNITY in HELL, in exchange for an ETERNITY in HEAVEN.  Do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment