Wednesday, July 31, 2019

"The Rock of Refuge"


“The Rock of Refuge”

 

Be a rock of refuge for me, where I can always go.   Give the command to save me, for You are my Rock and Fortress.        Psalm 71:3

 

I think this Psalm is one of my FAVORITES if not my FAVORITE, mainly because it was penned to seek God’s HELP in OLD AGE.  For those of us who sport beautiful GRAY hair and even have a few wrinkles here and there, it is a manifest of sorts, giving us the REAL FACTS of growing old, and what we can expect, while we are “walking” or living by FAITH. 

 

We can be ASSURED that we have a ROCK of REFUGE, and we REALLY do NEED it, because the devil doesn’t let up on you, just because you are MATURING in AGE.  If you continue to read this Psalm, you will see that the Psalmist, in verse four says:  “Deliver me, my God, from the power of the WICKED, from the grasp of the UNJUST and OPPRESSIVE.”  So, there you go, you still have battles to fight, even in your latter years. 

 

Even with the CONTINUED SPIRITUAL BATTLES, we must endure, the TRUE BELIEVER, like the Psalmist, can say:  “But I will HOPE CONTINUALLY, and will PRAISE You MORE and MORE.  My mouth will TELL about Your RIGHTEOUSNESS and Your SALVATION ALL DAY LONG, though I cannot sum them up.  I come because of the mighty acts of the Lord God; I will proclaim your RIGHTEOUSNESS and Yours alone.  Even when I am OLD and GRAY, God, do NOT abandon me.  Then I will proclaim Your power to ANOTHER GENERATION.”  (Vv14-16, 18)

 

No matter what age we are, we MUST ALL come to the ROCK of REFUGE the SAME WAY.  If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to God, then this is what you MUST DO:  TURN AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle and TURN TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  Then BELIEVE, with ALL your HEART that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in HEAVEN, making intercession for you, before God.  Then CONFESS your sins to Him and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  You MUST ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and then have the ASSURANCE that the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, is your ROCK of REFUGE, at ANY TIME and in ANY SITUATION.  So do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment