Friday, November 8, 2019

"The Hiding Place"


“The Hiding Place”

 

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.       Psalm 32:7

 

King David had committed the sin of adultery with Bathsheba, and from that sin came many other horrible sins.  David tried to HIDE his sins by covering up one sin with another.  And it was taking a toll on the Man after God’s Own Heart.  He penned:  “When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.  For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.  Then I ACKNOWLEDGED my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, ‘I will CONFESS my transgressions to the Lord.’ And you FORGAVE the GUILT of my sin.”  (VV 3-5)

 

God did not act as David’s Judge, but David ACKNOWLEDGED God as his HIDING PLACE.  A QUIET place of REFUGE from the RAGING STORMS of DAVID’S own making.  Why?  Because, David finally came to GOD with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, ACKNOWLEDGING that he had SINNED against GOD and GOD alone.  He was GUILTY, and that GUILT was EATING AWAY at DAVID’S sanity. When David ACKNOWLEDGED his sin to God, and no longer tried to COVER it up, and CONFESSED his TRANSGRESSIONS to God, God FORGAVE the GUILT of DAVID’S sin. 

 

But David still faced the CONSEQUENCES of those sins and paid a HUGE PRICE for his transgressions.  (2 Sam. 11-15)  Yet David’s FAITH in God, brought him to God, and God became David’s HIDING PLACE or PLACE of REFUGE in the STORMY WATERS of LIFE.  God did not make all the TROUBLES disappear, but He was there with David, to see him through, because David SOUGHT God’s FORGIVENESS, and did so with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  So David was able to SURROUND himself with SONGS of PRAISE and DELIVERANCE to the ALMIGHTY GOD, the ONE who is ABLE to DELIVER.   Is God your HIDING PLACE?

 

He can be, if you will come to Him, WILLING to TURN AWAY FROM YOUR sinful lifestyle, and TURN TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART that, Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  Then ACKNOWLEDGE and CONFESS your sins to Him, and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  You MUST ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and let God be your HIDING PLACE, when the STORMS of life are RAGING, He will stand by you.  And like David, you will be able to SURROUND yourself with SONGS of PRAISE and DELIVERANCE.  So do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment