Friday, August 5, 2016

"God,the Refuge and Strength of My Heart!"


“God, the Refuge and Strength of My Heart!”

 

 

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Those who are far from You will perish; You destroy all who are unfaithful to You.  But as for me, it is good to be near God.  I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all Your deeds.          Psalm 73:26-28

 

 

It is a good thing to come to the knowledge of our frailties.  To KNOW how weak and limited we really are.  The Psalmist says: “My FLESH and my HEART may FAIL, but God is the STRENGTH of my HEART and my PORTION forever.”  There is NOTHING in this world that can compare to a STRONG, INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP with the ALMIGHTY GOD.  

 

EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, here on this earth, possesses WEAKNESS and LIMITATIONS, and when we are faced with things that are threatening our livelihood, we RUN to God, because we KNOW that when ALL else FAILS, it is GOD who will rescue us, it is GOD who will be our REFUGE and STRENGTH, it is GOD on whom we can rely, but He is a REFUGE and STRENGTH, ONLY to those who belong to Him.  Those who have come to Him for the SALVATION of their souls. 

 

We are living in uncertain times, and it looks like a BIG, FEROCIOUS STORM is looming on the horizon.  Those of us who are the TRUE Children of the Living God can face this storm with ASSURANCE that the One who is our REFUGE and the STRENGTH of our HEART, in ANY storm can SAVE us from ETERNAL DESTRUCTION.  What or who are you depending on to be your REFUGE and the STRENGTH of your Heart?

 

The Psalmist goes on to tell us the demise of those who are UNFAITHFUL and FAR FROM God, these are the ones who have NOT come to God for their SALVATION, they will PERISH, God will DESTROY them.  If you don’t want this to be your destiny, then you MUST come to God with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART, and CONFESS your sins to Him, asking Him for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION and receive the ASSURANCE that He is your REFUGE and the STRENGTH of your HEART.  Do it NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment