Monday, December 7, 2020

"Why Trust God?"

 

“Why Trust God?”

 

The LORD is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer; My God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold.     (Psalm 18:2)

 

We live in a LOST and DYING world, one that offers VERY LITTLE if any HOPE.  It is full of DEPRAVITY, SIN-SICKNESS, WICKEDNESS, and just DOWN RIGHT EVIL.  There are people everywhere, who are searching for SOMETHING or SOMEONE they can place their TRUST in.  But the question is:  Where do I turn?  In Whom do I place my TRUST?

 

David, penned the eighteenth Psalm, when the ALMIGHTY GOD DELIVERED him from the hand of ALL his ENEMIES, and also from King Saul, who wished to take David’s life.  David stated: “Whenever I am afraid, I will TRUST in You.” (Ps. 56:3) So, when you are afraid of ALL life’s difficulties, and it seems as though you are drowning in HOPELESSNESS and DESPAIR, REMEMBER, whenever, YOU are AFRAID, you can put your TRUST in God.  Why?

 

Because, God is your ROCK, He is STABLE and will NOT crumble when you call out to Him.  He is your STABILITY, and SECURITY.  There are about twenty references in Psalms that denotes God as a ROCK.  David also claims that God is his FORTRESS, which is a HIGH place of REFUGE and PROTECTION to which one might run to.   The safety of a STRONG FORTRESS is expressed again in Psalm 91: “He is my REFUGE and my FORTRESS; my GOD, in Him I will TRUST.”

 

And God is your DELIVERER, in Psalm 25:20, the Psalmist implores to God:  “Keep my soul, and DELIVER me; let me not be ashamed, for I put my TRUST in YOU.” Knowing that God is the ONLY WAY to gain DELIVERANCE from your SINFUL, WRETCHED lifestyle, through the sacrificial work of His ONLY SON, the Lord Jesus Christ, and to GIVE you an ETERNITY in HEAVEN, you can place your TRUST in HIM.

 

God is your STRENGTH, David proclaims: “It is GOD who arms me with STRENGTH, and makes my way perfect.”  In order to have a PERFECT way, one MUST have STRENGTH to PRESS on towards the GOAL, which the ALMIGHTY GOD has waiting for them.  The WAY is NOT EASY, but with GOD as your STRENGTH, you can TRUST HIM to make your way PERFECT.

 

GOD is your HOPE, in Psalm 71:5, we see that GOD is the HOPE of this Psalmist, and is also his TRUST even since his youth.  And God can be YOUR HOPE in this life and for YOUR ETERNAL DESTINY.  HE can be the STRENGTH of your SALVATION.  These are only a FEW reasons to TRUST IN GOD.  He LOVES YOU to the point of SENDING His ONLY SON, to SUFFER and DIE for a wretched sinner like ME and YOU.  But the GREAT THING about this is that JESUS did NOT STAY DEAD, but GOD RESURRECTED Him from DEATH and the GRAVE. And He is NOW ALIVE in HEAVEN.  Do you have that HOPE?  Do you TRUST in Him?

 

If you have NOT given your HEART and LIFE to GOD then you are LOST in your SINS and headed for an ETERNITY in HELL, with ALL its HORRORS, and NO WAY to ESCAPE, after you are there.  In order to have that HOPE and TRUST in GOD, you MUST be WILLING to TURN AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle, and TURN TO GOD, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  And CONFESS your sins to Him, and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  Then, BELIEVE, with ALL your HEART, that JESUS died for YOU, and that He is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  You MUST ACCEPT His Gift of SALVATION and TRUST in GOD.  Do this NOW, while you still can.  He’s waiting and COMING SOON!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment