Friday, September 5, 2014

How to Wait for the Lord

With all my heart, I am waiting Lord, for You!  I trust Your promises. I wait for You more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty waits for the dawn.  Yes, I wait more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty waits for the dawn.-----Psalm 130:5-6

Waiting is not my best attribute, and more so when I am "waiting" for the Lord to move and do something.  I want to throw in the 'old proverbial towel' and just forget about whatever it is that I am "waiting" for.

I believe that the Psalmist is not just TELLING us how HE waits for the Lord's guidance, but TEACHING us how we should WAIT for the Lord to work in or through us.

Let's look at the very FIRST thing that he is TEACHING us; he says, "with ALL my HEART, I am waiting Lord, for You!"  ANYTHING we do for the LORD, we need to do it with ALL OUR HEART!  That means that we are WHOLEHEARTEDLY in it for the long haul or as long as it takes.

The SECOND thing that he is TEACHING us is to TRUST God's PROMISES.  He is more than worthy of our TRUST.  He is a PROMISE-KEEPER, IN OTHER WORDS, He is FAITHFUL to do WHATEVER He PROMISES to do.

And the THIRD and final thing the Psalmist is TEACHING us is HOW we should WAIT.  He says, "I wait for you more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty waits for the dawn."  Notice the phrase:  MORE EAGERLY, that is the WAY we should WAIT!  Not JUST EAGERLY but MORE EAGERLY.  I believe that a soldier that has been on guard duty ALL night long is very EAGER to see the dawn approaching, and the Psalmist repeats the statement:  "I wait for you more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty waits for the dawn," which indicates that the Psalmist is very adamant about his intentions on WAITING for the LORD.

If you have never given your HEART to the Lord, I must tell you that He is EAGERLY WAITING for you to: CONFESS your sins to Him and ask for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU and is ALIVE today, making intercession for you before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION.  Do it NOW, while you STILL can.  He's EAGERLY WAITING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment