Friday, December 26, 2014

Peace That Passes All Understanding!


Peace That Passes All Understanding!

 

 

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. -------John 14:27

 

The fourteenth chapter of the gospel of John is such a comforting chapter.  It is where Jesus is talking to His disciples, preparing them for their lives and ministry without Him.  He would soon be leaving them and going back to the Father.  His departure, of course, was by His DEATH on the cross. 

 

These Scriptures are often used in funerals, for the purpose of bringing, HOPE, PEACE, AND COMFORT to the hearts of those that are left behind.  Christmas Eve morning, my DEAR, SWEET ninety-one year old MOTHER, left us to go and spend Jesus’ birthday with Him, face to face, to be able to say “Happy Birthday, King Jesus, my Lord, and my brother."  To be in the very PRESENCE OF ALMIGHTY GOD.  To be in a place that is FREE from the very things that ROBBED her of her memory and life.  She is NOW, walking the STREETS OF GOLD, or SITTING at the FEET of our BLESSED SAVIOR.  And she has a CLEAR, HEALTHY MIND.  SHE KNOWS AND IS KNOWN.  She is NOW with my PRECIOUS, EARTHLY DAD, and ALL of our EARTHLY FAMILY that has gone on before us.  What a reunion that must have been.  She is FULL OF JOY and is probably SINGING PRAISES TO THE KING OF kings and Lord of lords.  She is rubbing elbows with, the SAINTS OF OLD. And MORE than anything else she is FINALLY AT HOME!!

 

This my dear friends brings a PEACE to my heart that is beyond explanation.  I am SAD, yet I am REJOICING, because I KNOW THAT I KNOW where she is and that SOME DAY, we will all be together again.   And ALL because of God’s great LOVE for US, exemplified by Him sending His Son, as a newborn baby to grow up to be a SACRIFICE for ME and YOU, to give us the HOPE OF HEAVEN, when WE leave this old world. 

That brings HIS peace to my SAD heart, and I am here to say, IT is a PEACE like NO OTHER.  If you have NEVER given your HEART and LIFE to Him. Then you cannot experience that PEACE, that this OLD SINFUL, CORRUPT, SICK WORLD can’t even BEGIN TO OFFER, the PEACE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.  And you can’t POSSESS the HOPE of HEAVEN, or a GREAT REUNION with your loved ones who are in Heaven, because they, one day, decided to give their hearts and lives to the Lord.  If you don’t come to Jesus and turn from your SINFUL LIFE, and give your heart and life to HIM.  You will spend ALL ETERNITY, separated from them. 

 

But you can CHANGE your destination, by:  CONFESSING your sins to God and asking for His FORGIVENESS, BELIEVING, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for you and is ALIVE, in Heaven, making intercession for you before God, then ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION. Do it NOW, while you STILL can, and RECEIVE that PEACE that PASSES ALL understanding and the HOPE OF HEAVEN.   HE’S WAITING!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment