Wednesday, May 1, 2019

"God's Name"


“God’s Name”

 

“I am the LORD; that is My name! I will not yield My glory to another or My praise to idols.     Isaiah 42:8

God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites,  “The LORD, the God of your fathers---the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob---has sent me to you.”  “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation. “        Exodus 3:15

 

Yahweh or LORD are the same.  I remember, when I was a teen-ager, I had a Sunday school teacher tell us that the word, LORD referred to God, and Lord referred to Jesus.  In studying the Scriptures, I found that fact to be very helpful. 

 

 Now we see, in our verses today that God is telling us His name.  When I came across Isaiah 42:8, and did some research on it, I thought that this was something we should know.  Something that God, Himself, wants us to KNOW.  He seems to state pretty emphatically that His NAME is the LORD.   He is the LORD God of Abraham, the LORD God of Isaac and the LORD God of Jacob. 

 

Psalm 9:10 tells us that:  “Those who KNOW Your NAME trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.”  Psalm 29:2 tells us how we SHOULD HONOR His NAME:  “Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His NAME; worship the LORD in the splendor of His Holiness.”  Psalm 116:15 says:  “I will lift up the cup of SALVATION and call on the name of the LORD.”   There is NO OTHER NAME by which we might be SAVED.

 

Have you called on the NAME of the LORD, for the SALVATION of your SOUL?  Have you given Him your HEART and LIFE?  If NOT, you are destined to spend your ETERNITY in HELL, with ALL its HORRORS and NO WAY of ESCAPE.  In order to change your destiny, you MUST TURN AWAY FROM your sinful lifestyle, and TURN TO God, with a TRUE REPENTANT HEART.  Then you MUST BELIEVE, with ALL your HEART, that Jesus died for YOU, and is ALIVE in Heaven, making intercession for you, before God.  Then CALL upon His NAME and CONFESS your sins to Him and ask Him for His FORGIVENESS.  You MUST ACCEPT His gift of SALVATION, and give His NAME the GLORY that is due it.  Do this NOW while you still can.  He’s waiting and coming SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment